1. OUR APPROACH TO CONFIDENTIALITY
1.2 CatInAFlat operates a platform that connects cat owners with cat lovers who wish to offer cat sitting services using our website www.CatInAFlat.com (the “Service” ).
1.5 CatInAFlat is responsible for processing the personal data we hold about you.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE USE WE MAKE OF IT
2.1 We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily provide information to us directly through your use of our Service. This may be information you give us when you register for an account, complete a form on our Service, create or edit your user profile on the Service, send messages using the Service, communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise, join our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of commercial communications, respond to a survey, enter a promotion or use any other feature of our Service. We may also collect personal information from third parties and social networks.
2.2 If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or meet your other requests.
2.3 The table in Appendix 1 specifies the categories of personal information we collect about you and how we use it. The table also lists the legal bases on which we rely for processing personal information, the categories of recipients of the personal information and information on how we determine the applicable retention periods.
2.4 We also automatically collect personal information about you indirectly about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service.
2.5 The table in Annex 2 specifies the categories of personal information that we automatically collect about you and how we use it. The table also lists the legal bases on which we rely for processing personal information, the categories of recipients of the personal information and information on how we determine the applicable retention periods.
2.6 We may link or combine the personal information we collect about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience, regardless of how you interact with us.
2.7 We may anonymize and aggregate any personal information we collect (so that it cannot be directly identified). We may use anonymous information for the purposes of testing our computer systems, research, data analysis, improving our Service, and developing new products and features. We may also share this anonymous information with other people.
3. MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
3.1 Occasionally, we may contact you to provide you with information about our products and services. Most of the commercial messages we send are by email. For certain commercial messages, we may use the personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant commercial information to share with you.
3.2 If you do not wish to receive commercial messages from us, you can let us know by selecting certain boxes on the forms we use when we first collect your details. You can change your advertising preferences at a later date by :
1. logging into your account on our Service and changing your notification preferences;
2.with regard to commercial messages sent by email, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email,
3. with regard to commercial messages sent by push notification, by modifying the settings of your device.
In any event, we may contact you by email or otherwise to communicate important information relating to the Service (including, for example, confirmation of a transaction).
3.3 Where you have given us permission to do so, we may, with your consent, share your details with third parties so that they can provide you with information about products and services which they believe may be of interest to you.
4. STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Security. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, modification or deterioration. All the personal information we collect will be stored on secure servers. All electronic transactions made through our Service will be protected by SSL encryption technology. We will never send you spam e-mails or contact you by phone to ask for your account number, password, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
5. YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 In accordance with European Union privacy law, you have the following rights with respect to the personal information we hold about you:
1. Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal information.
2. Right of rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay when such information is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to erasure. The right to request the erasure of your personal information without undue delay, for example when the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed (including the processing undertaken to comply with one of our legal obligations).
4. Right to limitation. The right to obtain the limitation of our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example where you dispute the accuracy of the personal information, for a period allowing us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
5.3 You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
6.2 Cookies are sequences of code allowing to personalize the use of our website by recording your information such as your username and your other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard drive for storage.
6.3 We use the following types of cookies:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or use electronic billing services.
2. Analysis / performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This allows us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure that users find what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. They are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Third party cookies. Please note that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies when you click on an advertisement or link on our website. These third parties are responsible for determining their own cookie and privacy policies.
6.5 If you simply wish to limit third-party advertising cookies, you can disable these cookies by clicking on the following links (please keep in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that set cookies via our website):
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Service may, occasionally, contain links to and from third party websites, including, but not limited to, those of other users, our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, publications. press, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may collect information about you while you are browsing and that they have their own privacy policies; we are not responsible for their collection activities or policies. Please check the policies of each site before providing information to them.
8. OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Service is not directed to anyone under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you find that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us using the contact details below so that we can take steps to remove that information and terminate any accounts your child created with us.
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
10. NOTICE TO YOU
11. CONTACT US
Annex E 1 - Personal information we collect
Annex E 2 - Personal Information we collect automatically